Hello, friends!
2015 is here, with all the promise of a new year, new beginnings, and new adventures!
This year so far has been blissfully serene. The craziness of holiday hours has gone away, as has the interim period before all the interns get here on the college program to pick up all our overtime shifts. I am now basking in 40-45 hour weeks, and I feel like I'm on vacation! Yet why is my to do list still so long? :P
My mom and "second mom" Anita came down to visit during the middle of this month, and once again, it is always a joy to see my mom. I truly am proud to call her mother and be her daughter. :)
This month, while it signifies beginnings, also brought on two endings, at least in this world. Our dear neighbor Rita, who attended our wedding and was a joy to have a few doors down, went to join her husband in Heaven this month. She was well into her 80s and had been battling with pancreatic cancer for the last few years. She is cancer free now; praise God that there is no pain or suffering in Heaven! Also, our cat Elphie passed away; she was around 13, and she appeared to have suffered liver and kidney failure for two days before she, too, went to Heaven to be petting and loved by our Heavenly Father.
As is the way to the circle of life, I remember Rita and Elphie with love, and I look forward to new neighbors and new cats to love as well.
February will be here in just hours, with Valentine's Day around the corner, Joe's birthday at the end of the month, and God only knows what other adventures will be in store. I'm sure you'll be able to read about them next month!
May 2015 bring you all love, joy, and laughter!
In Him,
Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment