Hello, dearest friends!
2014 has definitely been a fun, adventure-filled, awesome year! This month alone was amazing, plus the year in review proves a testament to the overflowing blessings of God. :)
First, this month has been filled with incredible adventures. I turned 30 this month, and I figured now was as good a time as any to start scratching off items on my bucket list. I have wanted a tattoo for about 10 years now, and I always either had the money but not the time, the time but not the money, or both but not the oomph to go... Well, my birthday provided the oomph, and I got my tattoo on my birthday! It is a swirl of pixie dust around my ankle/calf, with the words "Shine" and "Matthew 5:14-16" in Tolkien font, the Rebel Alliance symbol, a Jesus fish, and a hidden Mickey, all wrapped up in the swirl of pixie dust. :) It didn't hurt at all, and now I want a couple others, lol. :)
Another item has been on my bucket list, because I have always dreamed of flying. Numerous people, I have noticed, when asked what they would want to do if they knew it was their last day on earth, have responded with "skydive!" Sounds perfect to add to my bucket list! On the Sunday following my birthday, I skydived in Lake Wales, Florida! It was AWESOME!!! :D Joe supported me on the ground. :P Seriously, nothing beats that rush of being strapped to a professional skydiver at 14,000 feet in the air, jumping out of a plane, free falling for a solid minute, and then coasting to the ground for about seven minutes. My favorite part was the coasting. I was able to kiss a cloud, and my instructor even let me direct the parachute for a few moments by pulling on the right and left straps attached to the parachute. I was flying!! It was one of the most calming and peaceful moments of my life, and coupled with the adrenaline-pumping free fall... I can imagine why people become "fun jumpers!" :D
All in all, an epic 30th birthday! :D Then Christmas was just a week after, and I was able to celebrate with Joe and my in-laws in the morning, opening presents and eating a late breakfast before heading to work to be in the Castle Christmas Show. :) Now, a week later, it is the new year!
2014 will be hard to beat: it is the year in which I married my best friend, met Mark Hammill, celebrated my 7th year with Star Wars Weekends, learned the opening cast of the new Festival of Fantasy Parade and the revised Street Party show, and performed with Pain in the Halloween Parade and Donald in the Celebrate the Season Show. This was the year I finally scratched off "get a tattoo" and "skydive" on my bucket list. What an incredible year!
2015 promises much as well. I look forward to going to Japan with Joe next summer, and I can only imagine the goodness that God has in store for us in each of our jobs and in our growing marriage relationship.
In all things, to God be the glory! May your 2015 be blessed and full of life, love, and joy!
Blessings!
Megan Hill McFly Gravelle :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment