Monday, June 30, 2014

The Joys of June

Hello, dearest friends!

Well, here it is, the end of another month.  Joe and I will have been married 2 months as of this Independence Day!  My goodness, time is flying! :)

The highlights of this month revolve around Star Wars Weekends.  The last two weekends of the event were epic.  The second to last week, the celebrity was none other than Mark Hamill, aka Luke Skywalker! :D  Disney has been trying to get him to come to the Weekends for years now, but this year, he finally accepted.  For this reason, most people assumed he lived on a pedestal that would only deign to visit if Disney paid him enough, and we expected to get a cold shoulder treatment.

That was the farthest thing from the truth!  Out of all the celebrities that grace Star Wars Weekends, he is perhaps the most relaxed, friendly guy you could ever meet!  He would lean out of his van when he drove past the 501st getting ready for the Star Wars Motorcade and shout out to them, "Thank you for what you do!  You're all awesome!"  He went to every break room, trying on costume pieces, and chatting about what it was like wearing a storm trooper costume, etc.

My favorite moment was when I was able to be with the Jawas, and he started talking about how the Jawas were really just the kids of the cast and crew that day, and sometimes they would be left in the costume for hours, with the battery packs attached to their packs to light their eyes, and he half-joked that he always thought it was some sort of child abuse.

So apparently I'm the size of a child, literally. :D

The following and final weekend had voice over celebrities from the Clone Wars tv show, and most of the actors have become my friends over the years of doing the event.  Both Jawas were lucky enough to go over to the actors' break room and trade with them and their kids, and it was truly a magical moment for everyone involved.  I am so blessed to have the friends that I do, and so blessed to have the opportunities Disney provides to create truly, lasting memories! :D  Star Wars Weekends has always been, and continues to be, one of my biggest families that I look forward to seeing every year, for 15 glorious days in the summer.  The best part is, I now can say I met my husband there four years ago! :D

In other news, my beautiful mom celebrated another birthday; she looks younger every year, and I love when people ask if she's my older sister. :D  Sometimes it's hard being so far away for important dates like Mom's birthdays or Father's Day this month, but I am so grateful for technology that helps keep us connected! :)  Mom and Dad, I love you!

May you all, whomever reads this, have a magical day today!  For those in Idaho, I hope to see you soon, as I'll be coming to Idaho for my niece's one year birthday party the second week of July.  If you'd like to meet up to chat, just send me a message! :D

I love you all!
Megan

No comments: