Dearest, cherished friends,
This month I write to you as a newly married woman! Almost a month ago, on May 4th (May the Fourth be with you...), I married the man of my dreams, Joseph Robert Gravelle. I am so blessed to be called his wife!
I managed to take three weeks off for the wedding, including the week before, of, and after the wedding. The week before flew by in a flurry of last minute details, confirming times with vendors, finishing up centerpieces, wrapping bridal party gifts, and packing for the wedding weekend. Weather-wise, it rained for the entire three days leading up to my wedding. I was having an outdoor wedding.
In the midst of pre-wedding stress, I remember God gently pulling me aside from the busyness and comfort me, saying, "Hey, didn't you invite me to the wedding?" I merely nodded. "Then don't you think I'm going to make sure it's going to be absolutely amazing, since I'm wanting to enjoy a wedding even more than anybody?!" Oh yeah. My stress lessened. :)
The day of the wedding, the sun shone on a gorgeous day. Not a cloud was in the sky, and the temperature didn't exceed 80, nor did the humidity reach over 30%. The next few days after May 4th would have temperatures nearer to the 90s. Yes, May 4th was a perfect day!
I had been told by numerous people to take time throughout my wedding day to simply breathe and take in all that is around me so that I could remember ever detail. I still can, and I always will.
The bridesmaids and I headed to the bridal ready room at 10am to start getting dressed, makeup done, and hair done. The groomsmen set out to finalize the book arch and photo backdrops. The afternoon hours crept up, vendors arrived, guests started filing in, and the bridal party got into place.
At 4:00, the ceremony started, complete with a live brass quintet playing Tale as Old as Time, Throne Room from Star Wars, and Legend of Zelda as guests were seating. The processional came down to the tune of Into the West from Lord of the Rings, and then it was my turn. I took my dad's arm and, if it was possible, I started to beam even bigger as soon as I heard my music, Concerning Hobbits, as I walked down the aisle, where I saw Joe look on in amazement. :D
The ceremony was absolutely perfect! Our pastors, Sammy and Shannon shared the homily, incorporating our favorite stories throughout. My mom and mother-in-law lit the unity candle, we exchanged rings, said our vows, and eskimo kissed (and then kissed!). Our recessional was set to the Back to the Future theme. :)
After that, Joe and I had a wonderful time taking pictures with family, the bridal party, and then just us. All too soon, we were whisked away for our grand entrance and first dance, which was Earth Angel, and then Johnny B. Goode for everybody to join us on the dance floor. The dinner was amazing (my friends made sure I ate), and the dancing was hilarious and fun. Our deejay is a dear friend of both Joe and me, and he went above and beyond in keeping everything running smoothly and ensuring that everyone had a grand ol' time. :D A special shoutout to my main photographer Cami and main videographer Reese, because the pictures look amazing!! Reese is still working on the video. Pictures have been posted on Facebook, and video will be coming soon! :)
We ended the perfect day with a grand sparkler exit, which was spectacular, and then we called it a night! :D
For our honeymoon, Joe and I went on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas aboard the Disney Dream. It was SPECTACULAR! Neither of us had been on a cruise, and we enjoyed every minute of it. We went to the Atlantis Aquarium, snorkeled for the first time, and sunbathed on Castaway Cay. We saw numerous shows on the ship, slept in, and ate at a super fancy restaurant that served 6 courses, all while we were overlooking the sun sinking below the horizon. Best. Honeymoon. Ever. :D
And now life is semi back to normal. Work is amazing, especially now that Star Wars Weekends have arrived, and I am once again helping the Jawas with their trading. :D I can't believe that 4 years ago, I met my future husband at Star Wars Weekends.
Well, I should let you all go. Thank you for reading through this lengthy blog, and I hope you enjoyed reading the details of my wedding. May you have a blessed day, and may the force be with you! :D
Love,
Megan Gravelle :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment