Tuesday, December 31, 2013

And so 2013 draws to a close..

Hello, dearest of friends!

My goodness, another year has slipped by.  I will always remember this year with a smile, for it is the year that I became an aunt for the first time, and the year I got engaged! :D 

This month, too, has slipped by.  I celebrated my 29th birthday on the 18th, surrounded by my work family for most of the day.  The highlight was having the emcee give a shout-out to me during the birthday celebrations portion of the Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party. :)  Other highlights include seeing the Hobbit with friends and getting a Jawa Sandcrawler birthday cake made by Jillycakes from Joe. :)  Christmas was wonderful as well, opening presents in the morning and then celebrating all day for 14 hours with my work family.

Since I am getting married in now four months, an incredible amount of wedding planning has taken place this past month.  My best friend Jess surprised me by coming down with my mom at the beginning of this month, and we all went dress shopping, along with my roommate and maid of honor, Jackie, and my future sister-in-law, Patty.  I found my dress!  It's my dream dress, the one I found in a magazine even before I knew Joe! :)  We also were able to get my headpiece and veil, as well as the bridesmaid's dresses.  Whew!

I also found my venue, photographer, cake baker, deejay, officiants, and florist, all within the first few weeks.  The venue was the hard part, because I wanted to get married outside and have the reception outside as well.  Most places only allowed the ceremony to be outside, or if they were outside, their indoor rain locations were barely mediocre.  So I prayed for a sign for which venue God had chosen for me.  Well, when I went to Mission Inn Resort and Club, everything was outside, the rain location was stunning, and, as I turned a corner in the reception area, I saw a large mural of none other than Walt and Mickey.  I felt God tap me on the shoulder, point to the mural, and say, "You're welcome."  Sometimes God humors our desire for "signs."  Literally. ;)

I feel like I'm at a good place now, but I know that the next four months are going to fly by.  I still need to choose a bridal march song, make the invitations, finalize the menu and readings, sketch out a timeline of the events, and check in with the bridesmaids to make sure they've ordered their dresses, and those are only the things I can think of off the top of my head!  So much to do, and so much fun to do it all!  I look forward to all 2014 has to bring! :D

May your days be filled with everything that makes you smile, and may 2014 be year of unmerited favor for you and your loved ones!  To God be the glory!

I love you with my life.
Megan

No comments: