Saturday, November 30, 2013

With So Much Thanks!!!

Hello, dear friends!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I am so extremely thankful for all of you, and all the numerous blessings God has poured out onto me this year! :)

This month, I have especial reason to be thankful.... I GOT ENGAGED!!!  :D

Here is the story:

Joe, the love of my life, was in cahoots with our pastors Sammy and Shannon.  At church, we always have a giving teaching followed by the sermon.  Lately, we've been in a series about testimonies, so a few weeks ago, Shannon asked me to give my giving testimony about how I bought my townhome a few years ago.  I thought nothing of it and agreed to speak on Sunday, November 17th.

That Sunday, Shannon called both Joe and me up during the giving teaching.  I was at first confused why she would call both of us up, as usually testimonies are given by just one person.  After I had given my spiel, Joe mentioned how he had finished college almost debt-free.  "Oh," I thought, "he had it planned; he just forgot to mention to me that he was also giving his giving testimony."

Then, Joe paused, and he said, "Actually, the real reason I'm here is because of Megan, and how much I love her.  We met through a mutual friend who became our matchmaker.  Megan went to church, and I never really had.  So I came here and loved how welcoming and friendly everyone was, and now I'm your soundguy."

I'm thinking, "Aw, he's being sweet." Still unsuspecting anything.

Joe paused again and started getting choked up.  "Ah, it's just dusty onions," explained Joe.
"In order to say what I want to say, I need help from a little friend of mine."

And then I suddenly heard R2D2 from the back of the church!!!!  He's my favorite character from Star Wars, and I couldn't mistake his signature beeps and boops! :D

R2D2 rolled up to the front of the stage, and I noticed he had a small box on top of his head.  Joe then took the box from R2, and before I quite knew what was happening, he was kneeling in front of me, asking for the "ultimate Jawa trade!"

I SAID YES!!! :D

And that, dear friends, is our proposal story.  I challenge anybody to top that! :D 

"Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite." ;)

May you all have a wonderfully blessed holiday season! :D

All my love,
Megan

No comments: