Hello, friends!
This has been the summer of my life for a couple of reasons. First, it's just been a good, fun summer. I am having the time of my life each and every day, and for that I am blessed. Secondly, however, I have heard it said that our lives are lived out much like seasons. When we are kids, that is the spring of our lives. When we are in our adulthood, we reach the summer of our lives; when we are in our late adulthood, that is the autumn of our lives, and when we "slip into glory," we will have reached winter. So, being 27 years old, I believe I literally am having the Summer of my Life! And it is good! :D
So much has happened this month. For starters, my mom and friend Anita came to visit at the beginning of July, and that is always a treat, to share the joys of Disney with family and friends. :D Soon after they left, Joe and I went on our vacation to visit my family in Idaho and my friends in California. This vacation happily coincided with our one-and-a-half year anniversary of dating. :)
Our vacation was truly amazing, thanks mostly to those whom we visited. Thank you Mom, Dad, Jenn, Jon and Babs in Idaho, and Jessica, Reid, and Shayla in California! :D Jenn and Jess, you are the best hostesses ever! :D When we were in Idaho, we had the entire family over for dinner every night, we went to numerous parks, downtown Boise, and the mountains, and we were able to enjoy simply staying in air conditioning and chatting with friends. :) This was a huge trip for us, since this was Joe's first time meeting my dad and older sister. I think it's safe to say he is well loved amongst us all now. :D
California was awesome as well. It was about 75 degrees for the entirety of our stay, and it was so delightful to simply be able to stroll around the neighborhood without sweating! :P Shayla is now almost two, and she has the cutest way of saying my name! :D We relaxed a lot, went to San Francisco for a day, and then went on a tour of Pixar, which was definitely one of Joe's highlights of the trip. :) All in all, an truly blissful vacation! :D
As soon as we got back to Florida, I still had a few days of vacation, because I had LASIK eye surgery done. I LOVE it!!! I highly recommend anybody who is able to have the procedure done to go ahead and do it. I see now better than I've ever seen before (20/15 in both eyes), and it is so freeing to not be tied down to contacts or glasses every day! :) The doctor was wonderfully sweet and calm throughout the entire procedure, and, praise be to God, I didn't have any negative side effects such as scratchy eyes or blurred vision for the first day. :D I am so glad I got LASIK! :D
That pretty much wraps up the major events that happened in July, plus all the little things that add up to realizing I'm definitely in adulthood and not childhood anymore, despite the fact that I work at Disney and, like Peter Pan, have refused to grow up. For instance, I had to get bloodwork done the other day. I've never done that before, and then I had to pee in a cup! That was a new experience, and I have now joined the legions of people who have had to pee in cups! Sad to say, that was the highlight of my day, because immediately afterwards, I had a dentist appointment, and I apparently have to have two fillings, but not to worry, my insurance covers most of the cost, and I need to check to see if I meet my deductible. Since when did I need to start thinking about insurance and deductibles?!? To make matters more humorous (thanks, God), I got stuck in traffic on the way home from the dentist, and when I looked around, I had stopped right next to a graveyard, and there was a funeral going on. Nothing like a funeral to make you feel older. At least it wasn't mine, right? :P
So yes, this is the summer of my life, and I am enjoying every minute of it, even the otherwise not-so-fun parts, because it's all such a fascinating experience, being an adult. Especially when God has the reigns in your life, every day is an adventure! :D I am so happy that He is my constant in every season of my life. May He brighten your day today with sunshine and smiles!
Thanks for reading!
Love you!!!
Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment