Friday, August 31, 2012

Blue Moon

Hello, my friends!

Tonight is a blue moon, and apparently there won't be another one for years.  I stepped outside just now, and the moon was so bright, embedded in the indigo sky, with stars peeking out of the wisps of cloud still visible, all tinged with the brightness of the moon.  I hope to never forget that beauty. 

August has been quite a full month, although mostly it's been through working about 55 hour weeks. :)  I love my job, and it does make sure that time passes by quickly!  A few highlights deviate away from my job, however.

First of all, my Japanese friends Hiroshi and Chise visited earlier this month, and their visits are always marked with huge enthusiasm on their parts as they watch parades and shows that I am in, and huge appreciation on my part for having friends come enjoy the performances of which I am a part. :)  They plan on coming again sometime in late December, and I'm excited to see them again already. :D

One major highlight does relate to my job, and that is my new biannual casting, which starts in late September and goes through next year in May.  I am so incredibly blessed to have my dream casting, one in which I could get "stuck" with for the rest of my time at Disney (God willing, for quite some time yet!).  It is: Sundays/Mondays off (praise Jesus, I can go to church again!), Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday Dream Along with Mickey show with Minnie Mouse (the cast is like a family to me, and I'm so happy to be there the majority of my workweek!), and Friday/Saturday Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party and Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade with Minnie Mouse (most of my friends at Disney work with me at the Street Party and Parade, so I'm excited to be there as well). :D 

I look forward to the Fall, not only for the season itself, but also because the Halloween Parties start, and I am Minnie Mouse's assistant for the Halloween Parade this year (and hopefully for the Christmas parade as well!). :D  The pumpkins are already up in Magic Kingdom, and the holidays truly become magical in the parks.  Epcot hosts the Food and Wine Festival, Magic Kingdom has the Halloween and Christmas Parties, Studios has Candlelight Processional and the Dancing Lights to look forward to... :D  I can't believe it's all just around the corner!

Last but not least, my highlight of the entire month was when I was able to attend the Celebration VI Star Wars Convention with Joe, right here in Orlando.  We had truly a memorable and fantastic time!  For starters, we went to a few panels, the first of which was a Super Secret Star Wars panel hosted by Seth Green concerning a new Star Wars farce movie, called Star Wars Detours.  We saw clips of the film, and I know I'm going to love it whenever it comes out! :D  We then did some preliminary shopping in the Exhibition booths, which was dangerous, as there were quite a few Jawa collectibles.. :P 

Halfway through the day, we attended an exclusive filming for Cupcake Wars, guest starring Ashley Eckstein.  That was the true highlight, as we were encouraged to eat as many cupcakes as we wanted while socializing with about 200 guests in attendance.  Among these guests were those who had bought an expensive Jedi Master pass (allowing them into all VIP sessions), most of the Clone Wars celebrities, and a large portion of the Star Wars Weekends family. :)  I was having a heyday, chatting with SWW family members I haven't seen since June, and also bumping into Ashley Eckstein, David Eckstein, Tom Kane, Dave Filoni, and Dee Bradley Baker. :D  Dee even invited Joe and I to sit in VIP seating for the Season Five Premiere of the Clone Wars later that day, which we accepted. Even though the theater was packed, all we had to do was say that we were with Dee, and we were escorted to amazing seats to watch the Premiere.  We loved it, but had to leave halfway through the Q&A time with Dave Filoni, as the event was about to close for the day.  We toured the 501st room and R2 Droid Builders rooms, finished last minute shopping, and called it a day.  Next time, I'm going to take vacation so that I can go to all four days of the Convention.  I know, I know; I'm a nerd!  :P 

I hope your month has been wonderful as well, and I sincerely hope that everything good that happens "once in a blue moon" happens to you today! :D

I love you with my life!

No comments: