Thursday, May 31, 2012

And there went the month of May..

Hello, friends!

It is now 11:37pm.  I was just reminded about my blog by my lovely mom, who wondered at there being no updates this month.  It struck me that tomorrow is June, and for the first time since writing this blog, I nearly forgot to write my monthly blurb!  Needless to say, May has come and gone in a haze of happiness and business.

May brings with it the first half of Star Wars Weekends, which I have been blessed to be a part of for the past five years.  I am helping the Jawas once again this year, as a sub.  Last year, I was a sub and very bitter over not being picked for primary.  However, this year, I have made my peace.  A number of my friends from the Weekends were not invited back this year, so I was happy to be back at all.  Plus, I realized what the Weekends have already done for me that nobody can ever take away.  I performed live with Seth Green, Jeremy Bulloch, Warwick Davis, and even Mark Hammill, in front of an audience which included George Lucas (for the Last Tour to Endor show), I found the love of my life at SWW two years ago (I love you, Joe!), and my dear friend Siobhan Hanson taught me the ways of the Force five years ago when I knew nothing of the saga, and whom is now in Heaven.  Getting to do SWW this year is simply adding to an already vast store of incomparable memories. :D

 May also brings about a close to the casting I have enjoyed since last October.  I have assisted Minnie Mouse in the Dream Along with Mickey Castle Stage show at Magic Kingdom for four or five days a week.  Starting in June, I will assist her again for two days at the Castle Stage show, and I'll also help her three days at the Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party and Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade at Magic Kingdom.  I love Minnie, so this should be a fun summer, and I'm excited for the roles she gets to play at MK. :D

My new casting aside, I am looking forward to June because it brings with it the second half of SWW, my mom's birthday (happy birthday, Mom!), and hopefully a new dog!  Joe adopted one from the Animal Shelter just today, and if nobody claims her, she's mine! :D  She is a one year old Miniature Schnauzer, and I want to name her Lily, after Lillian Disney. :)

Well, I have just eight minutes to spare in the month of May.  I hope this blog finds all of you well and happy, soaking in the sunshine and enjoying God's bountiful blessings.  God is good!

I love you all with my life!
Megan

No comments: