Hello, my friends!
It is already another month since I have written. Goodness. At least the weather has finally cooled off to the low 90s, so I can stretch my imagination just a little bit and believe it is Fall. At least I can taste Fall in my Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. :P
This month has been full; I'm beginning to wonder what an empty month would feel like. For starters, I found out that I will help Minnie in the Christmas Parade at Magic Kingdom, and I'm super excited! :D Many of my friends are in the Parade with me as well, so I have a lot to look forward to. Outside of Disney, Joe and I have had our share of fun dates, starting with Medieval Times a couple weeks ago. Joe's been a couple times, but I'd never been, and I had such a blast! Then, a few days later, we got to see Cirque du Soleil's traveling show Dralion. We ended up in seats only three rows from the stage, and I could actually see the performers' faces! :) The performer in me wanted to immediately be a part of the show, especially the little imp of a girl who made appearances throughout the show. There were clowns, aerialists, jugglers, puppets, and acrobats, all centered around four performers who embodied the four different elements. The puppets were with the fire element and represented dragons; that was one of my favorite parts. I also heartily enjoyed the clowns as they worked the audience or mimicked the four main performers. :D
Joe and I also went to our first roller derby game, since my friend Jennifer has just recently gotten involved with the Psycho City Derby Girls League. It was definitely fun and a different experience altogether to watch 30-something women go all out in a Schoolyard Brawl! :P Jennifer's husband and two girls were there as well, so I hung out with them, which was so amazing. I met this family at Star Wars Weekends a few years ago, and we're still really good friends; I definitely owe a lot to SWW for bringing some awesome people into my life! :D
This month has also taught me a lot about what makes a true friend. It's an ongoing learning experience, I know, but this month's theme was how grudges destroy friendships. I just lost another friendship because my one friend stopped talking to me, and when I inquired as to why, she said she was upset at me but wouldn't tell me why. I'm not crying about it or anything, but it still makes me sad that some people would rather nurse a hurt, imaginary or not, than confront their friend, talk through it, and save the friendship. So I'm finding out who my true friends are, the ones who will always talk to me about anything and everything, who do not hide things from me, and who want to share life with me. Thank you to all of you who are my true friends.
I love you with my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment