Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Boo to you!

I hope your Halloween is filled with lots of treats and no tricks. :) The holidays are fully upon us, and, as usual, Thanksgiving somehow gets squished between today and Christmas, as I see Christmas merchandise in all the stores now, and I know that Christmas decorations will be going up in Magic Kingdom tonight. :)

October has been a good month overall, one of those months where I find I must have been busy, because it's already Halloween, although I hardly remember time passing. Work is still as wonderful as always, and I have been adjusting to overnight rehearsals for the Cinderella's Holiday Wish skit as well as the Christmas parade. For entertainers, the holidays are a fantastic way to rake in the hours, say goodbye to a normal schedule, and embrace the holiday craziness to put on a show every day for our guests. :) I love it! :D

Abba has been teaching me a valuable lesson this month, and that is to say "yes" to the challenges He puts in my life. With the rehearsals this month have come the human nature feelings of inadequacy and perfectionism that plague all of us, I believe. The self-doubt and the brutal comparisons are tried-and-true arrows from the enemy. Yet Abba is stronger, and He has placed wonderful people in my life to encourage me.

During a particularly trying rehearsal day, He used two staging specialists to speak to me. The first said that someone higher up clearly thought that I had what it takes to be performing in the role I was struggling with. Upon reflection, I realized that that someone might not necessarily have been someone in Casting, but Someone higher up. :D Secondly, another Staging specialist mentioned how he had gotten to where he was because he embraced the challenges in life and used them to make him a better person and performer. In essence, the difficulties of today, in the grand scheme of things, are merely a chapter in my book; not even a chapter, but a page, a paragraph, a sentence, a word. Challenges will come, challenges will be conquered, and at the end of the day, I can be proud of my work, for it will all be for God's glory.

Anyhow, I hope you can be encouraged today, and I hope that each one of you knows that you are loved, you are cherished, and you have what it takes to make a difference in the world, come what may!

I love you with my life! :D

No comments: