Dearest friends,
Happy Halloween! I cannot believe it is finally here. We have been celebrating Halloween at Disney since the beginning of September, and it is finally here, today. I shall celebrate by.. working the Halloween Parade tonight. Lol. At least I'll be with my parades family, and don't worry; Joe and I are planning on carving pumpkins tomorrow. :)
This month has been relatively uneventful, in that I have been working an average of 60-70 hour weeks all month long. This is due to the Halloween parade on top of my new casting at Move It Shake It Dance and Play It and Celebrate the Season Christmas Show rehearsals.
The Halloween Parade draws to a close today, and it is bittersweet as always. The hours and paychecks were nice, but now I am hoping to see more of Joe. :) The character of Pain is fun, since he gets to dance with glowsticks in a cage behind the Dead Head Band. However, since he is in the back on of the float, about half the guests don't even see him. The half that do, about half of them don't even know he's from Hercules. And approximately half of those guests who do know him, don't seem to care that he's there. It's a VERY different experience than when I hang out with Miss Minnie! :)
However, the plus side is that I have gotten to meet and befriend some amazing people. Two members of the Dead Head Band, Josh and Jules, are now among my dear friends, and I look to them as my brothers. The entire villains unit is just such a mashup of hilarity and irony that I laugh every time we do parade, just watching them scare each other and the guests. :) So yes, Halloween is always a fun time, no matter who you get to hang out with. :)
Aside from Halloween, I've been busily rehearsing for the Celebrate the Season show (or CTS). Last year was my first year in the show, helping Minnie. This year, continuing the trend of "let's give Megan variety this year," I am helping Donald. To be honest, I am not the biggest fan of the duck, as the personalities of both Mickey and Minnie better mirror my own. Donald? I just thought he threw temper tantrums. :)
Now, however, I have come to love Donald, although it is still a challenge to work so closely with him. He is simply misunderstood. He clearly thinks he is the best singer, the best dancer, and the best performer on stage, and he gets upset when he is upstaged by first the Harlequin dancer, then the chipmunks, then Minnie, then Mickey... Poor guy. And I can't help but laugh! :) I can't believe we just have another week of rehearsals, and then the Christmas parties start a week from today!
The only last bit of news concerns the new Move It Shake It Dance and Play It Street Party. It used to be simply Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party, but we have had a revamp with new music, choreography, and certain character changes. The biggest one affecting me is that Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy are now on top of the party boxes. I asked Minnie how she likes it, and she loves it (of course); it's just a different dynamic of connecting with guests from high in the air as opposed to simply being next to the party box. She and all the VIPs did get permission to use their specially-made cellphones on their boxes so they can take selfies with the audience! :)
Well, I should probably let you go for now. I'm excited to see what the next couple of months have in store. Christmas parties, my mom coming down, jury duty, Thanksgiving... So exciting! :D
Love to you all!
Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment