Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Shower of Blessings

Hello, dear friends!

Even as I type this, I can hear the rain pattering on the roof of my townhome.. I love that sound, and I hope to fall asleep to it soon. :)  But first, I shall blog about my month of April. :)

April flew by with so many wonderful friends coming to visit.  First, my friend Amanda came the first week of April.  She performed with me in Christmas Parade 2011, we bonded then and have been penpals since.  She was on the College Program for the Christmas Parade and has gone back to finish her degree, so it was a treat to see her again. :)

The next week, my youth pastor from Idaho swung by DisneyWorld while in Orlando for a convention, and it was great getting to have dinner with him and meeting his friend Cory.  Also, a dear friend of mine, Rox, who lives in Nebraska and is a huge Disney fan, had friends visiting Disney, so we arranged a magical moment for them, which was fun. :)

The following week was wonderful as well, since my mom and her friend Corrine came to visit.  We went shopping, and my mom watched as many Dream Along with Mickey shows as she could!  :D  I love seeing my mom in the audience, knowing she loves me and is proud of me. :D

Lastly, my Japanese friends Hiroshi and Chise are here at Disney for a couple of weeks, and today is in fact Chise's birthday!  I actually just got back from her birthday party, where they handed out presents (they're so generous) from Tokyo Disneyland, Chise opened her birthday presents, and we all watched the new Happiness is Here parade at TDL. :D  It was a wonderful night, and it is always wonderful to see their smiling faces watching as many performances as they can! :D

Other than that, highlights from the month include Star Wars Weekends Orientation day, which I'm super excited for.. this should be an epic event this year since Disney now owns Star Wars! :D  Also, my dear friend Eric Yow teaches modern dance and owns his own dance troupe called Yow Dance.  Joe and I went this past weekend to see his spring recital, and he, along with a few other of my friends in the troupe, had amazing solos!  I have to laugh because Joe would lean over and say, "I don't get it."  To be honest, I didn't "get" most of the modern dance either, but then again, that's modern dance for you. :P

Well, I shall close this month's blog with a prayer: May the Lord bless you and keep you, and may you know you are loved, appreciated, and respected!

Keep shining for Him! :D
Love you!
Megan

No comments: