Hello, friends!
My goodness! Here I thought that after the holidays, I would get a chance to sit back and twiddle my thumbs.. Nope! :P January has flown by with all the activities going on.
First, I have been blessed to have four groups of friends come to visit Disney this past month. My friends from Japan, Hiroshi and Chise were here in early January, watching numerous parade and show performances. I was able to have dinner with them and watch some Tokyo Disneyland footage of their parades, which was wonderful. Next, my friend from college, Vanessa Shaw, came with her sister Jenny, and I was also able to hang out with them, have dinner, and wish that I had more time to spend with them. Thirdly, my best friends from California, Jessica, Reid, and Shayla Sandros came to visit, and Jessica's parents, brother, and sister-in-law came for the first part of their stay here as well. That was a blast!
Also, my mom and good friend (and fourth grade teacher) Janet came to visit the last part of January, and that was, as always, amazing to have such wonderful women to hang out with! :D The highlights for me were getting to do a meet n greet with them after Castle Show with Minnie Mouse, staying up chatting until 1 in the morning, and hanging out listening to Voices of Liberty and just walking around the parks with them. :D What a blessing!
The second major event in January was that President Obama came to visit Magic Kingdom! Not a whole lot of people knew about it, and Disney itself didn't have more than a few days of advanced notice, but his visit went by smoothly, from my perspective. We were told that the parking lot was going to be crowded and security was going to be super severe. In hindsight, those rumors were probably spread to scare away the crazies, because I was able to park with plenty of empty parking spaces around me, and security was the regular security check cast members receive everyday. :) I did not get a chance to even see the President, but I did watch his speech from Main Street live on TV in a break room full of my fellow Entertainment cast members. :) Honestly, I'm happy he is opening up America for more tourism. Being from an entertainment and tourism industry, of course I'm a bit biased. :P
Lastly, to keep my month super full, I also learned the Welcome Show at Magic Kingdom, where I help Mickey open the park. :D The rehearsal process was absolutely wonderful and laid back, as there were four Equity actors learning the show, six assistants to Mickey, a couple of trainers who were my friends, and a manager whom I respect. I have not had the best of luck learning articulation, but this time, even the show director didn't have any cross words to say. :)
Next month shall be SUPER EXCITING, because I head to Israel with a group from my church, and who knows but God what the future might bring? :D
I love you all, with my life! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment