Hello, friends!
Half an hour remains in the year 2011. My goodness, and I remember "back in the day" wondering about Y2K.. :P
I can definitely say that I am a different person than I was a year ago. This year has definitely changed me, and hopefully for the better. A year ago, I was single, looking for roommates, and scheduled to learn the Dream Along with Mickey show. Now, I have been with Joe for almost a solid year (a record for both of us), I have two amazing roommates who plan on living with me until they get married or I do, whichever comes first (that's actually written on their contracts), and I have not only learned Dream Along, but I have been cast there for the past couple of months. :D
Not only that, but other amazing things have happened as well. I finally got a dog after many years of asking God for one, rescued a stray cat, got to ride Star Tours with George Lucas, visited family and friends in Idaho and California, had family and friends come to visit me here, and I've made numerous friendships that I hope and pray will last a lifetime. :)
However, all the positives are balanced by those things which made me grow this year - the challenges which Abba has helped me use as stepping stones to my future. My character has been called into question more times this year than in all of the rest of my life combined. I was told I was a deceptive extremist, poisonous, stunted in my personal growth, an arrogant know-it-all, and, most recently, a disappointment and liar. I have learned a lot about myself this year, and through all these challenges, I have learned that God loves me more than I could ever know, and I can rest in His perfect grace and goodness. He has blessed me with many true friendships, and I am sure that if you are reading this, that includes you! :D So thank you! :D
I look forward to 2012. I will continue my casting in Dream Along, get my dog weaned and ready for me in January, tour Israel in February, vacation in July to Idaho and California, and who knows? I may or may not be asked a certain question in the new year! :D
Well, the night is waning, and I am about to join friend in watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our backyard. May this post find you well, happy, and surrounded by loved ones.
May God shine His blessings lavishly upon you in 2012!!! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment