Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bring May Flowers

Hello, friends!

It is indeed blooming over here in Disney World, and I don't just mean flowers! The activity and personal life experiences are blossoming all around me too. :D

Work is at full-tilt with the onset of the summer months and an increase in guests coming for summer vacation. This means extra hours getting paid to do the things I love to do as well as saving up the extra cash for when the townhome sale goes through (I'm still praying that that happens within the next month..). :D

Star Wars Weekends has commenced, and may the force be with you! I am so happy that I am doing the Weekends for the third year in a row, helping out a Jawa. The show at the end of the day, Hyper Space Hoopla, is, I think, the best yet, in which Chewbacca and the Jawas are dancing to Aerosmith's "Walk This Way," with Chewbacca as Steven Tyler and the Jawas as Run DMC. :D Hilarious! As to the trading, it's amazing how many people will trade their wives or younger brothers for a bottle cap or stick of gum.. :P

The celebrities this year are also outstanding, and I am priveleged to get to work with some of them. Dee Bradley Baker (the voice of Commander Cody in "Clone Wars") was here last weekend, and he had a soft spot for the Jawas because his first Halloween costume was as a Jawa himself! :D Ashley Eckstein (the voice of Ahsoka Tano in "Clone Wars") is back this year and is starting her new clothing line that you can find on heruniverse.com. Since it is the 30th anniversary of Episode V, Jeremy Bullock (Boba Fett) is the host this year, and Boba Fett has become a huge favorite with guests. So many wonderful memories, and three weekends yet remain!

On top of Star Wars Weekends, the Spectromagic Night Parade at Magic Kingdom is giving way to the Disney's Electrical Parade (DEP) starting in early June, so rehearsals are underway as I type this. Throughout Disney World's and Disneyland's histories, Spectro and DEP have gone back and forth over the years, and I feel blessed to now be able to say that I know both parades. I am learning how to help Minnie in DEP, and her dress and bow are so adorable! I'm hoping to get pictures and post them as soon as the parade officially steps off. :D

Aside from the physical activity all around me in May, I have also had internal growth in terms of finding out more of who I am and how I handle conflict and change. I looked in my journal at the beginning of the year, and sure enough, I had prayed for growth for this year. Boy, did I find out what that means! It's like asking for patience! :P I do hope to continue to grow, especially closer to Abba, but never do I plan on growing up! :D

As an old quote says, "Bloom where you're planted," and have the fragrance of Christ! I hope all is well with you and that you are able to take the time to find the beauty in the flowers, the warmth in the sunshine, and the imaginative shapes in the clouds! Love you!

No comments: