Friday, April 30, 2010

April showers...

Hello, my friends!

Can you believe that May is only tomorrow?? Time does indeed fly when you're having fun! At the beginning of this year, I felt that something good was coming my way, but I didn't know what. I felt the same feeling, only stronger, at the beginning of April, and April has definitely showered me with blessings! :D Who knows but what May flowers and the rest of the year may bring? :D

The first blessing in April was my vacation to go see Jessica and Reid Sandros in California. It was absolutely perfect; the ideal blend of adventure and relaxation. I was only with them for six days, but each day was worth so much, spent with them and allowing myself to just be me. :) The first day, I was able to get a tour of Pixar since Reid works there as a technical director of 3D animation. It was incredible to see where these imaginative and ingenious movies are created! :D The next day, we toured San Francisco, starting with the Walt Disney Family Museum (we spent over three hours in there! I of course spent the most of the time in the Mickey Mouse room..:P ) and ending up watching a modern dance performance at the San Francisco Ballet.

On Sunday, church was in Berkeley, so we got to see a gorgeous part of that college town and do some used bookstore shopping, so I was in heaven. :) To round out my vacation, Jess and I shopped till we dropped at the shopping mall where their townhome complex is. I even got to help shop for clothes for Miss Baby Sandros, who is due in August! Jess is such an adorable mommy-to-be, and Reid is an adorable daddy-to-be! :D Their friendship is one of my highest treasures. :D

The next huge thing in April happened actually during my vacation and continues to this day. My landlady had been wanting to sell the townhome I live in, and I felt like this would be a good way to invest my money (which is God's money anyways). While on vacation, the townhome went on the market, and I was able to make an offer from across the country! (thanks to Reid and a handy fax machine) :) When I got back from vacation, I was able to meet with my realtor, and through only one week of counter-offers, we had reached an agreement, I wrote the escrow check, and now I can breathe easy until the seller's lender approves of the contract! WHEW!!! Three months ago, I had no clue about escrow, lenders, FHA, fixed mortgages, etc.. It's amazing how God works in His timing, and it's such an adventure to put oneself in His hands! There's always something new and exciting on the horizon with Him at the helm. :D

Lastly, I was able to figure out my casting for the summer months. I am helping a Jawa again for the third year in a row (hallelujah!) in Star Wars Weekends, so that will cover one month of the casting. I still have Sundays and Monday off (a huge praise there), and I will be helping Stitch in Magic Kingdom's Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, Donald Duck on Wednesdays, and Mickey Mouse on Fridays. I am also learning the Hoedown Happening show in Frontierland in Magic Kingdom, which most likely means that I will be learning Disney's Electrical Parade, which will be coming for a ten week period for the summer. Hoedown is a cute show with heavy guest involvement, and DEP is a classic that has been in both Disneyland and Disney World throughout the years. Many of my friends are cast in parade, hoedown, and DEP with me, so I know this summer should shine! :D

And that is why it's been a month and a half since last I blogged! Life has been crazy, but God's been behind it all, and I'm just along for the ride! I hope all is well with you, wherever you are, whatever you are doing. May God continue to shower you with blessings, and I hope to hear from you soon! Love you!! :D

No comments: