Monday, December 21, 2009

A Birthday Celebration to Remember!

Hello, dear friends!

Well, it is official. As of this past Friday, I am now legally able to rent a car and have lived an entire quarter of a century. Woot! I actually felt like a kid again, looking forward to my birthday. Last year, I was in Idahome for my birthday, but my sister's wedding was just around the corner, and seeing how birthdays happen once a year but a wedding happens only once a lifetime.. well, it flew by without my realizing it. The year before, I had just moved down here and didn't have that many friends to celebrate with me, so it was a small celebration.

This year is definitely one of my greatest birthday celebrations! On the day itself, I woke up by calling my mom and thanking her for the gifts I had just received in a care package. After getting off the phone with her, my sister Jenn called to chat and wish me well on my birthday. I also, through the course of the day, checked my facebook, and I received 91 notifications that day, mostly to wish me a happy birthday! :D My best friend also called me in the afternoon, and my dad called in the evening. Talk about feeling loved!

The best part about working in the happiest place on earth is that we truly do celebrate every day. I wore a button to celebrate my day, and countless cast members stopped me to wish me a happy birthday and ask how old I was or what I was doing to celebrate. Not only that, but an announcement was made during green room talks during both CDCT parade and Christmas parade! All day long, my friends were wishing me a happy birthday. :D I was literally surrounded by love!! (I passed Santa backstage as well, and he gave me a candy cane!) :P

Since I celebrated my birthday, on the actual day, by working 10 hours putting out three great parades with my friends and fellow parade cast, I celebrated with my roommates and two close friends on the following Sunday since I only worked four hours that day. Oh, what a fun-filled day! We started by going to the Christmas Jam at my church, where talented performers basically showed off their skills in singing Christmas Carols. After church, I worked, and after that, I went to see Whoopi Goldberg perform in the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. That alone was truly magical! To watch such an amazing and cool performer reading about the true meaning of Christmas while a choir of thousands and a full orchestra played favorite Christmas carols.. what a blessing! At the end, Whoopi then imparted us with the words "No matter what religious background you have, I say 'God bless America,' but not only that; I say 'God bless the world.' In the words of Tiny Tim (not the musician, people..) 'God bless us, every single one!" :D

After the Candlelight Processional, we all saw the fireworks show IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, with the special Christmas add-on at the end in which Peace on Earth is sung and we are reminded to spread peace on earth, goodwill towards all. :D With that message ringing in our hearts, we then proceeded to go to Downtown Disney to watch Princess and the Frog in the theater. I felt like a kid again, watching the old-school, hand-drawn cartoon animation! The story line, the princess, the villain, the moral at the end... it all resonated a chord deep within that spoke, "Yes! This is a true Disney film!" I hope Disney continued to create these movies and never lose sight of what makes Disney truly magical.

So here I am now, typing on my laptop, sipping my peppermint mocha in Barnes and Noble, letting you all who are reading my blog celebrate along with me the day of my birth and the warmth that was created this year because of it. And at the end of the day, I know more deeply that life is good, God is great, and love is the best celebration of all. :D

No comments: