All around me seems to be waiting. The wind has picked up outside, waiting for the rain to come. The sun shines brightly outside, waiting for summer so he can exude his full warmth on the earth. My own life is a time of waiting.
I am moving into a gorgeous townhome closer to work in less than a month, a move I've been joyously anticipating ever since the idea came into being a few months back. Now, with only weeks to go, time cannot decide whether or not to speed up so I am scrambling to pack and fill out change of address forms or slow down so that the last weeks seem unbearably long. I just have to wait.
I was able to put forth my bid for the summer bid (guaranteeing hours and a constant schedule from May through September) just the other day. I will be helping Mickey get dressed and take regular cheese breaks at Magic Kingdom's Toontown Monday through Thursday, with Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. I also found out that I will be helping the Jawas find good trades at this year's Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios. However, the summer bid does not start until May 10th, and Star Wars Weekends does not start until May 22nd. I just have to wait.
I talked to Scheduling today and realized that I had two more Personal Floating Holidays in my bank, to basically be used whenever I wished. I already am planning a week-long trip home in July, and if I work it out correctly, I might be able to use these PFHs along with some extra Requested Days Off and tack them to my July vacation, allowing me to go home for almost two weeks! I am planning on relaxing with my family and also with my best friend, hopefully at her parents' cabin in the mountains (oh how I miss the mountains!). Looking ahead to that extended vacation makes me want it even more. But of course, I just have to wait.
Patience has never been my number one gift, nor my second or third. I'm teachable though. So I place my hand in Abba's and let Him guide me, feeling the breeze on my face, smiling as the sun shines around me, and dreaming as I gaze confidently into the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment