Thursday, April 16, 2009

God is so good

Well, I'm still in the waiting phase, and time, whether I will it to speed up or slow down, simply continues to tick by. Boxes are being packed for the move in a week and a half and plans are being made for when my myriad friends come to visit in the summer, but in the midst of it all, I wait.

While I may not be a master of patience, I do try to be teachable, and it is in these quiet moments of waiting - waiting for change to come, for discernment to appear, for friends to visit, or whatever waiting one finds oneself in - that I have found I draw closest to Abba. It is the Easter season, after all, and a time to celebrate what Christ did for us and is doing for us even today. Not only is He alive, but He lived, here on earth, humbling Himself in order to show the magnitude of His love for us. He waited, He dreamed; He knows what we want and what we need.

I sing (well, make a joyful noise) of His praises because He has given me abundant blessing, even in my time of waiting. Within this past week, I have been so deeply encouraged in my walk with Christ, simply in conversations at work (not normally a place conducive to spiritual enlightenment)! Friends old and new have simply started engaging me in discussions on waiting on the Lord, realizing that we live in His Kingdom and only await the day when we can truly go home, and living for Him in such a way that others around us notice Him shining through us. Each time I come away from one of those "chance" meetings, I smile in wonder at God's goodness; my soul is full of light, my heart is full of love, and my being is full of life.

Indeed, God is so good! :D

No comments: