Monday, September 30, 2013

Splendid September

Hello, friends!

This month has actually started to feel like fall.. It's been down to the mid-70s at night, and only the upper 80s during the day. :)  Plus, everything everywhere is pumpkin, from pumpkin spiced lattes to the decorations down Main Street, U.S.A.! :)

With the season brings the magical Boo To You Parade, for which I am blessed to be a part of once again.  I love watching the guests watching parade, and I especially love seeing their different costumes.  Princesses, Avengers, and Minions are popular this year. :)  I'm excited to make my own steampunk fairy costume for a Halloween Party hosted by one of my friends in mid-October. :D

Along with the addition of the Boo To You Parade to my work schedule, I was incredibly blessed to be a part of a new development in Town Square Theater in Magic Kingdom.  There, guests can meet Mickey Mouse backstage while he gets ready for a magic show, and he, as always, welcomes in guests for hugs, autographs, and pictures.  Well, Disney magic has reached new heights, and Mickey can now talk to guests, sing them happy birthday, congratulate them on an engagement, or just sing the hot dog dance with kids.  It has truly been an honor to work with him over the last couple of weeks, and I can't wait to see guests' reactions when their beloved mouse tells them "I love you." :D

Despite a crazy work load with all that has been going on, I have found the time to have a social life as well, as I am blessed with incredible friendships. :)  Joe is part of a Mini Cooper forum, which has dinner nights about once a month, and this month, Joe and I went to a Greek restaurant and chatted about all things Mini (well, Joe did; I ate good food, smiled, and nodded). :)  We also had dinner with some dear friends of mine, whom I haven't seen since this new casting.  Yet perhaps the sweetest time of all this month was when my friend Carol and I were able to dress up in yukata (Japanese kimonos that are made out of cotton) with two of our Japanese friends (we call them our Japanese sisters), Mayumi and Yasuko, and eat at Tokyo Dining in Epcot.  Mayumi and Yasuko are on the International College Program, so they work at Japan in Epcot, and when they are not working, they are watching the parades and shows at Magic Kingdom, so that is how Carol and I met them, along with their friends Tomoyo and Rina.  Mayumi did our hair in the traditional Japanese style, and Yasuko helped us wear our yukata properly.  We ate dinner, took many pictures in Japan, and then went to meet the characters in Character Spot in Epcot; it was a perfect day!  No less than 10 guests asked for our picture with them, which amused us all, especiallly Carol and me.  "Do you think they realize we're not Japanese?" we wondered. :)

And there you have it, folks.  A month full of fall festivities, magic, and friendship.  May your Fall Season be blesssed with all things pumpkin, fanciful, and friendly! :D

I love you with my life!
Megan

No comments: