Hello, dearest friends!
Perhaps you can tell by the subject line, but I am now the PROUD AUNT of sweet Elissa Mae, born July 10th at 1:22am, weighing 8.2 lbs, and measuring 19.5 inches long. :D She was actually due on the 19th but came 10 days early so she could share a birthday with her dad, Jon Romberg. :) Both Elissa and her mom (and my beloved sister,) Jenn, are doing well. :)
Other than that, what else can I say? Work is going well; I found out that I will be recast with Minnie in the Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party and Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade at Magic Kingdom for the Fall/Winter casting. I'm super happy to be there again, and I really hope that I get my Sundays off, too, once the casting starts. :) On top of that, I also learned that I will be recast with Minnie in the Halloween Parade this year, and again, I'm super excited! Minnie is my best friend, and the Halloween Parade is my favorite parade at Magic Kingdom. :)
Speaking of parades though, Magic Kingdom has had the same parade for a little over a decade now, but that will all change come March of next year, when we get a new parade, the Festival of Fantasy Parade! It will feature all new floats, costumes, and choreography. In fact, I am about to attend a workshop so the new show director (who has worked at Tokyo Disneyland for 28 years) can gauge how the new parade will look. :) I really hope to open the new parade next year! :D
Oh, and before I forget, I have received a couple questions regarding my Equity audition last month. Equity is a dancing/singing/acting union that I was hoping to join had my audition gone favorably. I would still be working for Disney, as the Equity show would be at Magic Kingdom (called the Giggle Gang, which uses three clowns performing a variety of silly shows). If I were offered a full-time contract, I would have to quit performing with Mickey and Minnie, but I'd be working in a professional acting union. :( If I were offered a sub contract, I would still perform with Mickey and Minnie, but I would only get to perform in Giggle Gang should no other actor be able to perform.
Needless to say, I did not pass the audition, although I had a lot of fun doing it. :) I actually was able to have a feedback session with the casting director, and he was wonderful. He told me repeatedly that I should be proud of the audition I gave, and while he sees potential in me, it sounded like the show director had a set idea in his mind for the clown, and I just didn't measure up to his ideal image. If there were anything to work on, I can always work on comic timing, which comes naturally from doing years of comedy theater, and I am still fairly new to the professional theater world. The biggest compliment he gave me was that he saw that I had a natural "likeability" and "chemistry with the fellow performers." :D All in all, I felt like a million bucks when the feedback session concluded. :D
Aside from work, life has been fantastic. My roommate Chris was promoted from head chef to manager at T-Rex Restaurant in Downtown Disney, and my other roommate Jackie transferred from Yak and Yeti Restaurant in Animal Kingdom to Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney, where she will be a server for a couple of weeks before transferring again to become a bartender. :) I'm so proud of both of them!
Joe has had a great month too.. He finally got accepted full-time at EMA! Five interviews and a questionnaire later.. ;) His official title is Application Developer. What that exactly means, I have no idea, but I know it pays well, and Joe will be working with computers. :) He'd been mentioning for a while that he was saving up for something big, he just wanted to graduate and get a full-time job first. Well, as soon as he was accepted at EMA, he went out a bought himself a shiny, sparkly car. It's a Mini Cooper that needs lots of work done on it (adjusting the clutch and other car terms I don't understand), so he's been playing mechanic nearly every day, to his heart's content. I'm so proud of him and happy for him! :D
This month as indeed been full of good things! I can't wait to see what August will bring. For now, I can't wait to go on vacation, which starts tomorrow, to fly out to Idaho and meet Elissa Mae! I'll be helping Jenn around the house as well, visiting my best friend from high school Babs and my other best friend from college Jess, along with her two daughters, 3 yr. old Shayla and 5 month old Gemma! I can't wait!!! :D
See you all in a month!
Loves,
Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment