Monday, February 28, 2011

On Life and Love

“There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved."
~Charles Morgan

Hello, beloved friends of mine!

Wow, it is already the end of February! Granted, it was a short month, but still, so much is and was going on, that time just flew! The quote above is from the February calendar page on my Mary Engelbreit calendar. :) It is now one of my favorite quotes, and quite applicable to my life right now. :D

So let's see, what's new with me? As far as work goes, I have now done the Castle Show six different days now, which works out to about 36 shows. Needless to say, I LOVE it!!! Doing the Show repeatedly is probably the best thing for me to learn how to apply my notes of "stillness," and I'd like to think that I have greatly improved since rehearsals. :) In fact, one of the Staging Specialists who helped train me in the show and who was one of my harsher critics came and watched one of my later shows. She came up to me afterwards and said she didn't realize it was me when she saw the show, and she didn't have any feedback notes for me! :D I was elated! I sincerely hope I get to do the Show soon, and many times. :D

In other news, Joe and I ended up rescuing a stray kitten in my neighborhood. Some of you may know my mom, who is an animal welfare activist, and so by nature of being her daughter, I am naturally prone to try to rescue strays. I've watched my mom doing it for years after all. :) Well, the strays usually run away as soon as I get close, but not this one! This little cat came right up to me after Joe stopped the car, and especially loved on Joe, who is sadly allergic to cats. I swear cats know allergies and glue themselves to the people who have them.. She is the very first stray I have ever rescued! And thanks to my mom, I knew exactly what to do for her, and she is now fixed, updated on her shots, and comfortable in her new home! :D

We named her Valentine since we rescued her after our Valentine's date to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and she is a mouthy, motorboat purring sweetheart! Nala the yellow lab and Elphie the 6 yr. old black, lazy cat are both taking the new addition in stride. And sweet Joe is just taking more allergy medication. :)

Speaking of Joe, we are doing quite well and hit our official one month anniversary of being a dating couple this past month. Woohoo! For any who have known me for any length of time, this is a small miracle that I would be dating at all. The great thing is, I am so comfortable with Joe, and I feel like I can be more myself around him than anyone else down here. He is constantly growing in the Lord, and I delight in growing in the Lord with him. A more respectful, thoughtful, and caring person I could not imagine. :)

So life continues, and life is good. Really, really good. March promises to be full of fun and adventure as well, as I have vacation to California for ten days, during which time I will visit with Jessica, Reid, and Shayla Sandros and visit Disneyland for the first time! I'm so excited!!! :D I also have some voice acting work on the side (and it pays, bonus!), plus I hope to hear about Star Wars Weekends which is practically around the corner. The Star Wars Weekends Auditions were just a few days ago, and they were SO MUCH FUN!! I'll keep you posted on the results. :P

I hope life with you is filled with "the magical surprise of being loved." May the sun shine warm about you, the breeze embrace you, and the day unfold into beauty and peace around you. I love you with my life!

No comments: