Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Glorious Days of Vacation

Yes, it is summer, my friends!

And with summer come the heat waves, the humidity, the droves of people.. and vacation away from it all for nine whole days! :D Not that I mind Disney in the summer really, but the welcome sights of family, friends, and mountains is a wonderful respite.

My vacation in Idaho thus far has has been a beautiful blend of productivity and relaxation. When I go back into the whirlwind of Disney, it will be August, and that's just a bit hard to believe. August already?!? This year is flying by!

July has been super busy, both at work and home. With work, we are dealing with an increase in the number of guests, especially from other countries such as Brazil and Argentina (they come in groups of 50-200 guests). Also, we are dealing with the increase in heat and humidity, but this is where the parade family truly shines, because we take care of each other, encouraging one another to hydrate and keep cool. At the end of parade, common questions asked are, "Are you okay? Can I get you some water? Do you need a Powerade? I can get you a towel, do you want a dry towel or wet?" It is wonderful to feel cared for and loved by the parade cast, and to return the favor. :D

On the home-front, I am so close to closing on my townhome! It has been an uphill battle in some parts, but God is faithful and good and holds true to His promise to provide. :D I am scheduled to close on August 5th, just a week away! Just a few months ago, I was completely ignorant of the responsibilities of being a homeowner. Now, I know about FHA loans, fixed mortgages, interest rates, home inspections, appraisals, contracts, BPO's, CC&R's, and more; I am now discovering all there is to know and more on home insurance. Oh joy. :P Who knew?

A few more days left of vacation, a few more days of family, friends, and a view of the mountains, and then back to Florida to play some more! :D My mom is actually coming back with me for a week vacation for her and her friend, Billie. I am excited for them to come, since it has been awhile, and I hope to show my mom the new parades and shows I am in. Of course, as soon as I am back, Halloween Parade rehearsals begin, and I found out that I am Mickey Mouse's personal assistant for that parade! The Star Wars Convention is also in August, so I am hoping and praying that the Jawas make an appearance there. :D I'll let you all know in my next post, hopefully! :D

So much has happened, so much is happening, so much is about to happen. What a wonderfully mysterious adventure it is, living for God every moment of every day! It's certainly not boring, it's sometimes scary, and it's always worth it in the end!

May you all have a God-filled adventure today! I love you with my life!

No comments: