Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Fullness of Joy

Oh, I have a taste of the fullness of joy, and it is good!

This week, I have helped Mickey Mouse at Magic Kingdom greet all the kids and kids at heart, each one precious, and each one coming with a story to tell. All of them flow together into a thanks offering to God. A small child resolutely saying, "I'm staying with Mickey!" Numerous kids literally running full speed into Mickey's waiting arms. A sweet British girl asking shyly, "Please, Mickey, are you really the leader of them all?" Such delights and treasures are mine to hold in my heart, give thanks for, and share with you. :)

Of all these blessings, not the least are the people with whom I get to work. I have recently found a wonderful bosom friend in my friend Denise, whom I work with during the Halloween Parties and occasionally at Toontown as well. What a joy it is to find these rare friends! Even as I go throughout my day, stray sunbeams of friendships light up my day: seeing a friend during warm-ups I haven't seen in a long while, being asked to pray for another friend's niece who was hospitalized since the friend knew me to be a Christian, and, as I was clocking out, no less than three friends calling out my name in passing, acknowledging and uplifting my existence.

Overlaying all of these minute blessings are the overarching blessings of positive experiences. I am a swing for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parade, and I have just found out that I am cast five days helping Mickey Mouse in the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade at Magic Kingdom as well as two days helping Steamboat Mickey in the Fantasmic show at Hollywood Studios. This is such an incredible casting, with bountiful opportunities to grow and strengthen my skills, while still allowing for more dreams to grow, such as the chance to perform for the Christmas parade and shows. :D

Also, I have been able to partake in a motion-capture (also referred to as mo-cap) experience through Full Sail University through a network connection. In need of a Character Performer to help test cartoon character animation through mo-cap, I was chosen to help bring this mo-cap character to life! Filming is this Saturday, and having already tested the mo-cap process, I am thrilled for this resume-building chance! Who knows but what God might have in mind to use just such an experience in the future? :D

As Anne of Green Gables would say, dreams are merely stars that, once one catches ahold of one, many more are sparkling even higher up. May we all reach for the stars!

No comments: