Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome the new year!

Hello, friends!
Happy Epiphany! It seems only fitting that one of the first celebrations of the new year is in honor of when the three kings came to worship the baby Jesus. May we all remember to worship our Saviour today and every day.

Well, goodness, it has been a busy few weeks for me. I did go home for a week in December, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I said hello to the mountains and had my fill of snow for the year. :P I surrounded myself with family, friends, and my pets, which had a balming effect on my soul. :) I met up with Jessica who has recently moved to California, and it was so wonderful to meet up with her "half-way" in Idaho. I had a blast on my birthday hanging out with my best friend, Babs, and then eating a delicious birthday dinner cooked by my dad. My Uncle Steve came a few days early before the wedding, so it was awesome getting to know him while he was here.

The wedding took up the most part of me week, and it was an absolutely gorgeous wedding! My sister was, as always, stunning beyond belief. It snowed about six inches on her wedding day, so the groomsmen were out having a snowball fight before the big event. :P The wedding party all got along, and it was over before I fully realized it was really happening. I am so happy and proud of Jenn and Jon, and I hope and pray that God might bless their lives together!

My week at home did not feel too short or too long, it was just right. However, when I got back to Florida, it was as if I had never left. During Christmas week and New Year's Week, I worked an average of 60 hours each week! It was all fun, but now I am glad that the holidays are over so I can have some time to take a breather. :D I'm not gonna lie, it's actually been kinda hard, what with tight hours and the politics of how entertainment is affected by the economy crisis. Abba has kept whispering in my ear to trust Him. My pastor pointed out that it is easy to trust God when life is great, but it's a true test of faith when times are going not so well. Yet God is teaching me. I have felt like I'm in a fog; I do not know what might happen this year. I can only dream and trust God, holding onto His hands as He guides me through life. Well, today started off with a thick blanket of fog. Then, as the sun slowly rose in the sky, its heat evaporated the fog, turning the day into a picturesque, beautiful, and sunny day. So, I suppose that whenever we feel like we're in a fog, we have only to wait for God's light to shine through the darkness, releasing the fog of doubt and fear, and before we know it, we are able to bask in the Sonshine! :D

May this blog find you all well and enjoying the sunshine, wherever you may be. :D

No comments: